Thursday, March 04, 2010

2010 Prediction

I sense an increase in business activity. Personally, I have noticed higher levels of activity at Nortec as well as in office real estate that I own. The stock market continues to show recovery. Everything I read is pointing to 2010 being a growth year. The growth is predicted to be increasing from one quarter to the next starting slowly – at least that is the prediction in information technology industry. The only area that I think has not turned the corner is residential real estate.

Overall attitude of most people should improve. Recruiting and retaining top professionals will get harder – not that that ever seemed to get easier. Overall businesses and individuals will do well.

This is long needed positive news. Although the wave is not entirely upon us, I can hear the rumble and see some foam in front of it.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew, I agree with you on all points. I remember the recession of 1990-1991 when the economy came back to life....slow at first and then BAM!! This recession is much like the 1991 recession versus the 2001 recession in regards to residential real estate. It took 6 years for my parent’s house in Herndon to regain its pre-recession value. Can’t wait for the economy to roar again –if we can keep fuel prices down, we should have a good run!

    ReplyDelete